Announcement

This site will be migrating to a new address.
Please visit me at @Køkken and change your subscription to this blog to my RSS Feed

You Will Be Redirected!

Please do not leave any more messages on this blog. I will not be publishing or responding to any more comments left here. You will be automatically redirected to http://www.atkokken.com All posts have been migrated. You will be able to locate any posts by performing a quick search at my new site. Thank you.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

About Kokken69

My Kitchen


Køkken : Kitchen (Danish)

Hello, I am Shirley and welcome to Køkken69 where I document what I do in my kitchen. I enjoy baking and cooking. A chemist by training, I tend to draw upon my lab experiences and apply them to my cooking adventures. I have a strong weakness for every covetable kitchen gadget and colourful recipe books. My next driver to move would be a bigger kitchen- I can already picture it vividly in my mind.It is interesting how one's priority tends to shift as one moves on in life. When I was about to move into my first home 5 years ago, the focus of my excitement was on my bathroom. I knew exactly how I wanted it to look. This time round, my kitchen will take center stage and it is a wretched thing for it will make a typically expensive room within a house even more expensive to set up.



As expensive as it may get to be, I am not willing to compromise as I know it will be put to many good use. So till I find my next dream home, I will continue to play masak masak in my current kitchen... (above)

Features :



Bamboo Charcoal Swiss Roll - Featured in The Kitchn

Blueberry Chiffon Cake - Featured in NYTimes

21 comments:

NMOS said...

That's a very interesting looking kitchen. Is that a revolving door that leads to the other rooms? Cool!

Shirley @ Kokken69 said...

Hello, NMOS, that's a swivel door that leads to the dining and living room area.

Irene's Footprints said...

didnt have chance to see ur kitchen till now. Clean and neat. Is it ikea design? Cool.
Lately been to B&B...island top, huge huge kitchen, window overlooking a nice gardens with lavendars...that is my dream kitchen....
Any good designer to recommend?

: )

Shirley @ Kokken69 said...

ha ha... this was 5 years ago when I just moved in. Now it is more cluttered as I have accumulated alot of kitchen gadgets. I try my best to keep it neat. I don't have any good designer to recommend. Just read alot of magazines and it is important to know what you want in the kitchen.

peasepudding said...

I'm so jealous of your stylish kitchen but not surprised, the Scandinavians have the best designs. so much so we imported our kitchen from Sydney to Auckland to get an IKEA kitchen...very sad. And what a cool idea to post a pic of where you create, hope you don't mind if I steal that idea too? Not had rhubarb? You just have to try it when you get the chance, if I was in Eu I would post you some :O)

Shirley @ Kokken69 said...

Hi Peasepudding... I am actually in Singapore living in a tiny pigeon hole flat... ha ha..The kitchen is more cluttered now.Sigh... Will definitely look out for rhubarb.

alice said...

if only we had found you earlier, we could have met up while we were in singapore this past october! =) and i LOOOOOVE that kitchen door!

Quinn said...

Hi Shirley,

I hope you don't mind me linking you to one of my post on CNY. Thanks! Love your site, keep it up!

Cooking Rookie said...

I can understand that probably the kitchen can never be too big, but your kitchen looks great :-), and you have lovely recipes!

Jamie said...

Hello! Glad you found me and my blog as now I have found you! I covet your kitchen! And wow impressive mentions in these magazines! Ok, off to discover the yummy things you make...

Noob Cook said...

your kitchen is beautiful! and I enjoyed your food photography very much ^^

Swee San said...

Hi Shirley,

Please update my blog address http://thesweetspot.com.my/?feed=rss2 for feeds / updated blog post in your blog roll :)

Eleanor Hoh said...

Hi Shirley, I am so honored you have a feed to my blog! Just started scanning your beautiful website! You've done a fabulous job of it. I have to visit more often to check out your recipes.

My mom was born in S'pore, we had our family reunion there a couple of years go. It's so clean and beautiful there but not cheap.

I am so homesick for good Asian food and that's why I had to learn to cook it myself.

Your kitchen does look amazing, so modern and spacious. I'm curious to know why you chose a Danish word for your blog?

I've yet to post my Asia trips, huge backlog, can't post fast enough. Let's stay in touch. Excited to meet a fellow Asian food blogger.

Aimei said...

Hi Shirley, i was wondering since you cook so much, would it cause any stains or diffculty in cleaning your white colour work top and cabinets? I was thinking of white for my kitchen but worried about the cleaning!

Shirley @ Kokken69 said...

Hi Aimei, yes it does stain. I chose white for aesthetics and at that time, I was still not so crazy over cooking. But it is ok, I don't mind. If I were to do this again, I will still choose white with stainless steel table top for my work top :)

Aimei said...

Thanks Shirley!

Shingo T said...

I love your stylish-looking kitchen.

My HDB flat's kitchen is too small to decorate this good and functional.

ken bakes said...

Very interesting kitchen concept. Very impressed. Great photography too. I really must try out that adapted Martha Stewart recipe:)

Eleanor Hoh said...

Happy New Year Shirley. Thanks for posting your well wishes on my blog. I've been a little overwhelmed lately but hope to remedy that soon. You've done something to your site to make it even more amazing?

Anonymous said...

I found you, great site, eating your way around the world!

rockdavinci.blogspot.com said...

Hello, Shirley. Nice blog site. I am in California, USA, and I have been following many foodie bloggers from Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, etc. and I am so impressed with their passions and interests in baking and cooking all those delicious food they , and wonderful photos and sharing them. I am more like a tester, trying to find out what's happening and at the same time enjoy baking and cooking something new. I see your Photo Icon you picked is "Canneles de Bordeaux". Have you baked it? & how did it go? I love Canneles, and had baked over 27 times a few years back to perfect it.
Will appreciate if you drop me a note.
Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails