Announcement

This site will be migrating to a new address.
Please visit me at @Køkken and change your subscription to this blog to my RSS Feed

You Will Be Redirected!

Please do not leave any more messages on this blog. I will not be publishing or responding to any more comments left here. You will be automatically redirected to http://www.atkokken.com All posts have been migrated. You will be able to locate any posts by performing a quick search at my new site. Thank you.

Friday, September 10, 2010

White Wine Grape Jelly

Jelly 7

Jelly 8

Molds 1

Molds 2

This is the same recipe I used for the last Fruity White Wine Jelly except that I replaced the mixed berries with the Kyoho grapes I bought from Korea last week. I have always loved jellies ever since I was young. I remember those jello packs my mum used to make jellies from - a sizable little packet of crystal mixture of gelatine,sugar and I suppose artificial flavourings. My mother would be making these jellos out of those old fashioned aluminum molds (shown in third photo above). Nowadays, we have many more options when it comes to molds. There are plastic cups and fancy silicone ones. I have myself, accumulated many fancy silicone molds like these but I have to confesss, as simple as these jello recipes may be, I am always very apprehensive when I make them - simply because, I find it a challenge to unmold them from their molds. With the silicone molds, I have almost never been able to get them out of the molds successfully with all imprints intact. I have the same problem when baking with silicone molds. I find Silicone molds convenient for simpler fares like muffins and cupcakes but disappointing when you are looking for nice, evenly browned imprint details (e.g. bundts, madelaines, canneles).  I have been  giving away my collection of silicone molds and have turned to anodized aluminum molds instead.

My recent attempts at making Jellies have also made me realise that the best molds to use for jellies would still be the old fashioned aluminum molds. A quick immersion of the cups/ bowls in lukewarm water is sufficient to release the jellies to yield beautiful details. Previous examples include the Fruity White Wine Jelly and the Strawberry and Cream Jelly.

So the next time you are tempted to buy another fancy colourful mold, be aware of the limitations. The humble cheap aluminum cups may be more trustworthy.

For recipe of this, please go here.

Jelly 1

13 comments:

Bakericious said...

I love jelly too but nvr make the jellies as pretty presentation as yours :).

3 hungry tummies said...

That is so pretty I might want to look at it for a while before eating it ;)

Edith said...

Your white wine jelly definitely looks lovely.

tigerfish said...

Looks beautiful! I almost can't bear to eat it. Can we use Agar Agar powder?

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Very pretty, too pretty to be eaten...

Passionate About Baking said...

Looks really nice and refreshing Shirley! As advised by you, I have bought some apple juice to make the jelly. I will try it. Thanks!

busygran said...

The glistening jelly looks good with the grapes!

Cooking Gallery said...

What a lovely looking jelly! I love eating wiggly, jiggly jelly! Just love munching things chewy ;).

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Love jelly too when I was young... A desert I will never turn away. My mum's most loved recipe was the pandan witha thin layer of coconut jelly on top, yum! Nowadays because my kids somehow don't really like jelly ( too good life already, sigh) so I seldom make it. But your jelly sure looks like an elegant desert to serve after dinner. :)

Zurin said...

those jellies looks so pretty and elegant. I must make some soon ....with fruit juice perhaps. Lovely. they looks so wiggly and I love the wiggly jellies as opposed the firmer agar agar. :)

Shel said...

Oh my, you have a beautiful blog. Will be stopping by daily!
Warm South Africa Greetings
Shel

penny aka jeroxie said...

This is so beautiful! Must try it when grapes come back in season.

Tejtara said...

Ganeshmal Tejraj is Presenting a variety of high quality Stainless steel utensils, Plate warmer, Sink unit manufacturer, Steel hammered table ware Bangalore, M.S.Utensils, Sugar candy machine in Bangalore.


For More Details Visit http://tejtara.in/aboutus.php

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails