2011 would not have been the same for me without Køkken69 and all the lovely acquaintances and friends I have met here.
Despite my crazy travel work schedule, I am suprised that I have pressed on and this space has sustained.
Looking back, I want to believe that I have continued to improve in what I am doing here and am thankful for all the silent and not-so silent visitors who continue to grace this space.
Thank you for visiting.
Thank you for commenting.
Thank you for trying out the recipes published here. The greatest joy I derive out of this space is when I receive excited feeedback for the recipes. Knowing that my posts managed to inspire is priceless!
I leave you with this very humble and down to earth Pecan Cake adapted from Alex Goh's Walnut Cake Recipe in Creative Making Of Cakes. Happy New Year and may we all have many many reasons to rejoice and celebrate in the new year!
7 Egg Yolks
7 Egg Whites
190g Plain flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tbsp Milk Powder (I omitted this as I ran out of milk powder)
160g Chopped Pecans (You can replace this with other nuts such as Walnut)
100g Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Cream (A) together
2. Add (B) to (A) and mix until light and smooth.
3. In a separate clean mixing bowl, whip (C) until stiff peaks are formed.
4. Fold meringue into butter and egg yolk mixture (2) until well combined.
5. Sift (D) into batter and fold until well combined. Add (E) and mix until well incorporated.
6. Pour batter into lined baking tin and sprinkle with some pecan nuts on top for decoration. Bake cake at 180C for 50mins or test until skewer comes out clean.